Sunday, April 17, 2016

2016 April 16 Fishing Video C LifeStyle Channel Launched

I find it very interesting to observe how people's favourite modes of using the Internet change over the course of time. As one of the pioneer members of a simple Internet Fishing Forum (Spike's) community that slowly became one of Singapore's largest fishing forums, and one of the first fishing website builders in Singapore, back in the mid to late 90's, I noticed that people first started going crazy about email, then websites and IRC (remember that?) and later blogs (which are slowly having to adapt or go out of fashion too) and then Facebook (which is even now starting to belong to a more mature generation, as my kids often remind me). Now we have YouTube and Instagram and Twitter and a whole host of new social media platforms which I am no longer familiar with. I have had to adapt several times. Those who knew me in the 90's would know that I hosted this fishing blog originally as a website on Pacific Internet, and in those days, the hit counters available for my website only ran till 6 digits, so I had the number of hits reduced to zero a short while back. Then when Pacnet had to fold, I had to painstakingly shift everything onto this blog.

Many might wonder why my archives show pictures of such low quality, with thumbnails that cannot even be clicked on. The answer is simple, in those days, the technology only allowed for that. I had to scan in pictures manually. Later, in the era of the early camera phones, many would notice pictures of extremely low resolution. 

I even tried moving on to Facebook, but soon realized that it was going our of fashion too (especially for the younger generation), so I took on that endeavour in a half-hearted manner, as many who tried to join my fishing Facebook group would know (and I sincerely apologise to them). Why this long preamble? Many might ask. Well, as long as I still fish, I would still love to share my tales (and Oh we do know how fishermen love to tell their tales). So now,  I have moved on to start a Fishing Videos Section in my C LifeStyle YouTube Channel, which was launched about two weeks ago.

I also thought to myself, after watching so many episodes of Robson Green's Extreme Fishing, why not start to make a semi-professional fishing series of my own? In the end, at least I get to watch them when I'm older, and remind myself of the good ol' days when we could still catch fish. (Remember, I'm thinking years into the future.) This gave birth to ONZZ Fishing, which is just a series of mini episodes of my fishing trips. Now, whenever I go fishing, and if I can find the time to put together a short video log of the trip, I'll try to create a new episode of ONZZ Fishing. In the meanwhile, since reading seems to be going out of fashion too, I'll quickly let you enjoy the first episode of ONZZ Fishing in my C LifeStyle Channel. 

Note: I've got the FULL VIDEO format or the video broken down into three parts for those who prefer shorter videos. Please don't forget to subscribe to my Channel in order to view the latest videos.