Sunday, May 27, 2012

Early 2012- Madai madness and Timun Schools

27 May 2012 update Managed to get some pics from facebook onto my pc, so I decided to do a quick upload just for fun. Been fishing a lot lately, found new and interesting techniques too, and bigger, better fish around our waters have been appearing.  
My Favourite fish, Ubin Snapper, are still around
  Just went on a short Ubin trip yesterday to see how far my new engine can take me, and landed a few nice fish for dinner along the way. Guess Ubin is still productive. Landed Barra, Snapper and Garoupa.  
This Garoupa almost got away, but my Spheros muscled him out of the snags.    
Kings madaied  this 5 kilo beauty on 25 May 2012. Solid fish and solid fight.  
Bryan landed an interesting Sagai on madai.  
My catch of that day was a 2 kilo Parrot. I'm not complaining.  
My new Optimax 250 just for fun.   Ok, rather busy lately, so I'm just going to plonk in some selected pictures by the month.   First, it's 2012 April.   April 2012 was an interesting month. Learnt how to madai effectively and landed many good fish. Big Garoupas around the 2-3kg mark were normal.  
A healthy Golden Snapper with a Bryan Photobomb

A happy girl with her beautiful catch. Can you spot me?

 Big Garoupa day... very fun

Ian caught this while almost falling asleep. Bryan is still hopeful.

Back at the boatel early.

Her first fish on Madai

My $13 Young Angler's Rod does it again with a 3kg Parrot.

Been landing very nice fish on my Young Angler's rod, specially designed for the kind of fishing I'm doing these days. Who needs an expensive rod when a solid fibre rod can do a better job?  
My retro-blue solid fibre rod delivers the goods time after time.

Even this 5kg Garoupa was no match for my new Young Angler's Rod

Bryan hits a beauty in 10m of water.

Ok now for the pics in 2012 Jan, Feb and March... just a few random pics. There was a brief run of BIG Spanish Flag Snapper (Timun).  
Scarlet Breasted Maori Wrasse are still around

A sneak peek into my ice box. I bought a chest freezer for my house just because of this Snapper run.  
Found a nice spot for BIG Spanish Flag Snapper
When these fish start coming in, prepare lots of bait, and many ice boxes.

Ubin is still productive. Tahlia seems happy.

Pat and Ray with a small Flathead.
February had some relaxing Ubin trips with friends and Garoupas too, while a catfish sting left a scar on my left hand.


Typical Southern Islands Catch. Looks like the Spanish Flag Snapper are growing bigger.