Friday, December 23, 2011

2011 Log - Gao Tun!!! Conrad's Fishing Facebook Group

Not many blog posts for 2011 because I send most of my pics direct by phone to Facebook. Check out Conrad's Fishing Group if you're interested.   During the Dec hols, the kids came along for some fishing fun at Ubin, where the waters are calmer.  
Isaac with his first wild Barramundi. Nice size too. So easy to catch at Ubin.
The ever reliable Ubin Barramundi will always be fun for the kids.

In the cabin the kids take shelter from a brief downpour.

A nice Golden Snapper came to thrill the kids. Being a strong fighter, everyone was amazed by its power.
 They had fun in wet weather conditions.
This beautiful Mangrove Jack came to join in the fun.

She fought this Grunter which put up a really good fight.
 

Of course the Northeast Monsoon brought in the Trevally schools. Too many disgusting Chermin, but at least they put up a good fight. The Sagais were the real target. Erwin, Chng and Hokkien Pro joined me at the Southern Islands   2011 Septemper, October and November were excellent too.  
The big Sagai like these started coming in around November.  
We got a few, when conditions were right.  
But this has got to be my best fish of 2011, a muscle bound Giant Garoupa that showed up in Ubin amidst a Garoupa festival. A true fighter, it put my light gear to the test and almost straightened my hook. I had to jam my drag on the Spheros in order to pull this one out of the snags.  
  Ubin Lao Di Fang keeps producing these wonderful Garoupas. Everyone enjoys catching fish like these, right?   2011 April - Predicting the end of personal websites    Looks like the end of websites like this is near. In 1999, I formed this website. Then around 2004, personal websites started giving way to blogs and this ended up more like a blog. Now of course, there's facebook, which makes it so easy for me to upload pics and even videos, even when I'm not even home after a fishing trip yet.   So that's where my fishing pics have disappeared to, if that's what you're wondering... FACEBOOK. So until the next big thing on the Internet happens, facebook is where u'll see my fishing updates from now on.   Thanks for following this site for so long, I have received lots of email over the 12 years of this sites existence. It will probably exist as an archive until dear old Pacific Internet folds, cos that's where this site has been hosted ever since 1999.   Take care everyone, it's been a fun 12 years, but I guess age catches up with everyone, and I have to move along with technology. See you on my facebook group (which I'm actually still trying to figure out, haha!) Some recent pics on my fb Conrad's Fishing Group   Erwyn's last trip before he flies off to the US of A. 13 Aug 2011 landed 7 nice garoupas and 8 Snappers.   Here's one I caught, and below that the Anchor with the Angchor.  
Another Lao Di Fang Garoupa
Biggies like these are still around

Caught some nice little Anchor like these.. oops, I meant Angchor. Oh well, both are good.
  Good Feeling is still producing the Barramundi.
Last week everyone on board landed at least one nice Barra, and I topped it off with a biggie Barramundi.
 
Whenever I need to relax, I go to Ubin, park at my Barra spot, and catch beauties like these.
 Landed plenty of good fish in 2011, together with some Mangrove Jacks, Snappers and Kurau, and of course - the mighty Barramundi! Here are twins I landed when everyone was busy catching their own Barramundi.