Friday, December 21, 2001

2001 Sep to Dec Baby goes fishing and updates


2001 September Log - Samuel and his dad came along for a couple of trips, Des and I kept running into nice Snappers, I landed a nice fat Garoupa at the Snagpile one morning with Brendon and David, my dad came along for a fruitful night trip with many Snappers ... that was when I could feel the prawn panic just before the Snapper hit the bait. Very exciting times indeed. Finally, I brought my newborn with me to the reservoir, and I caught a baby toman on an Abu Toby.

2001 Oct log - Brendon and Sengkang Sam came along and we fished the Ubin rivers. Showed David some new spots where he landed a nice Kim. David Kang and partner joined me for a comfortable night trip where he taught me the secret of cod liver oil... landed healthy snappers that night. Mel came along and got some fish too, including a decent Snapper. Baby made her first friend - Adele.
2001 Nov to Dec Log - End of year garoupas are coming in. Guek Fa and I landed the usual Ubin fish like Kims and Garoupas. Caught a big che mak Squid. Kuan Wai had fun at First Kelong spot. Barracuda caught on lure at Fairy Point rock when I noticed a school of small fish being harassed. Tossed a lure and WHAM! It hit - not nice to eat though. That's the last cuda I'll ever keep. Felip and my godson Reuben came along for some light action. Brought baby for a walk at Marina Bay.